listen to this news
Winter is the season to relish hot dishes. In such a situation, what can be better than spending quality time while enjoying dinner with the family. To maintain immunity in winter, it is considered best to consume green vegetables. Because in addition to having a good amount of iron, all the essential elements are also found in them. Along with maintaining immunity, it also helps in keeping digestion healthy. In this sequence, today we have brought for you the healthy and tasty recipe of winter special green peas nimona recipe.
Green Peas Nimona is considered to be the most famous dish of North India. Also it can be seen in street food of Lucknow and Kanpur. This easy-to-prepare dish is best enjoyed with rice and roti. Also, you can consume it as a side dish.
First know why green peas are beneficial for you
According to experts, due to the low calorie content of green peas,
According to the US Department of Food and Agriculture, green peas are an excellent source of fiber as well as other nutrients. Due to which it is considered beneficial for our overall health. Research has found that along with protein and fiber, vitamins A, K, C have also been found in it. It is also rich in iron, manganese, folate and thiamine.
So let’s prepare the recipe of Green Peas Nimona without delay
for this you need
Green peas – 250 grams
Onion – 3 to 4
Tomato – 3 to 4
Garlic-ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
Green coriander – 100 grams
Boiled Potato – 2
Green chili – 2
Desi ghee – 2 tbsp
Read this also –
take in spices
Red chili – half teaspoon
Garam masala – half teaspoon
Asafoetida – half teaspoon
Rock salt – 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
How to prepare green peas Nimona recipe
- First of all, you have to peel the peas and grind them in a mixie.
- Prepare a thick paste and grind it and keep it in a separate bowl.
- In the next step, prepare a paste by grinding coriander, green chilies and ginger in a mixer.
- Cut the boiled potatoes into small pieces, as well as finely chop the tomatoes and onions and keep them aside.
- Now you have to heat ghee in a pan, and after adding half a teaspoon of cumin seeds, fry the potatoes and keep them aside.
- In the next step again add ghee to the pan and add garlic-ginger paste and fry it.
- After that add onions and tomatoes and fry well. Also add cumin powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and mix it well.
- Now add the prepared coriander-chilli paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- In the next step, add green peas paste and cook on medium flame by adding some water to it.
- Add rock salt, red chili and garam masala to it and let it cook on medium flame for 20 to 25 minutes.
- During this, add fried potatoes to it and let it cook. The more you cook it, the more the taste of Nimona will increase.
- Now your green peas nimona is ready to serve. Serve it hot and enjoy with rice or roti.
read this also ,
Green peas Nimona recipe is beneficial for you for these reasons
- This dish is low in calories and high in fiber, which can be beneficial for weight loss.
- The effect of green peas is hot, due to which its consumption can help in maintaining heat in the body.
- Having the right amount of all the essential nutrients in this dish, it is beneficial for maintaining your immunity as well as digestive problems.