Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia: Both of these are diseases related to memory. That’s why common people often have difficulty in understanding the difference between them. What is the difference between Alzheimer’s and Dementia? When we asked this question to Dr. Rajesh Kumar, Senior Psychiatrist of Udgam Mental Hospital and Rehabilitation Center, he explained the difference between these two diseases and what is the link between them, in very simple language…
What is the difference between Alzheimer’s and Dementia?
- The biggest difference between these two diseases is that dementia is a syndrome and Alzheimer’s is a disease. Whatever disease is related to the syndrome, it is a group of symptoms of that disease. You can also understand this thing that Alzheimer’s disease comes under dementia.
- Let’s say dementia is a folder, in which files related to many different problems are kept. For example, problems related to memory, problems that reduce reasoning power, files of problems that reduce the ability to think and understand, etc. One of these files is also of Alzheimer’s. Alzheimer’s is the most common disease among the diseases that come under dementia. The special thing is that symptoms of many diseases of dementia can also be seen in Alzheimer’s.
have trouble recognizing
- The symptoms of both these diseases are so similar to each other that often there is overlapping. That’s why the disease can be correctly identified only with the help of experts.
- Until a few years ago or say a decade ago, Alzheimer’s and dementia were considered to be diseases of old age, but in today’s time this problem is being seen in middle age and even in youth with other mental health issues. Symptoms of this disease have started appearing.
What are the symptoms of these diseases?
- In Alzheimer’s and dementia, the patient starts losing hold of his language, his memory becomes weak, the ability to think and think is reduced or badly affected. However, this happens in Alzheimer’s only when it reaches the critical stage.
- If the initial symptoms of these diseases are ignored and timely treatment is not given, then the patient is unable to do his daily routine work. Daily activities like dressing properly, eating food are also not done by him. That’s why never take mental health lightly and seek the help of experts even before the disease progresses.
Read also: Blood cancer can be completely cured…Delhi’s oncologist told many important things related to treatment
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index (BMI)
Calculate The Age Through Age Calculator